Knowing how to make a complaint

Making a complaint can be a daunting task, so knowing who you can complain to and what to do is essential. 

We can help you. We've worked with Healthwatch England to produce straightforward advice will guide you through the process from knowing who to talk to, top tips on what to do and what you can expect from services in response. 

Read our complaints advice

You can also contact us to find out how to get help with making your complaint.

Please note that:

  • We do not ourselves have powers to investigate individual formal complaints about NHS or social care services.
  • We cannot make a complaint to a service on your behalf. If you need support to make a formal complaint about an NHS service, local advocacy services can help. 
  • We are not able to offer financial or legal advice. That should always be sought from a trained specialist such as a solicitor or financial advisor.

If you have reached the end of the complaints process and are not happy with the organisation's final decision, you can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman or the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

Complaints advocacy services

Independent complaints advocacy services can help you make a complaint about an NHS service or work out what you want to achieve from a complaint. 

Information about Wiltshire advocacy services

Local PALS and customer service contacts

Key contacts for raising a concern or making a complaint.

Find out who to contact