We developed a survey which aimed to find what had worked well, how supported they felt and what could be improved.
Responses came from a mix of professionals, relatives and/or carers and the
individuals involved, giving their views on:
- Their awareness of the safeguarding process
- The support and involvement they received
- How well they were kept informed
- Whether they knew how to raise a concern
- What worked well and what could be improved
The feedback we received was very mixed, with some people reporting a good experience and others telling us of concerns they had about the process.
We make a number of recommendations to WSAB in this report, including ensuring that a consistent approach to all safeguarding concerns raised is developed, and to consider ways of improving the way information is provided to people.