What did we do?
Face-to-face engagement was not possible at this time, so we gathered information by running an online survey, in collaboration with Healthwatch Swindon and Healthwatch BaNES (Bath and North East Somerset).
- Each Healthwatch produced an individual report for their area.
- We analysed the survey results to identify any similarities and differences between the areas across BSW.
- Most people could find and understand the information they needed about Covid-19 but acting and keeping up to date with changes was more difficult.
- There was a need for clear information about changes to services, testing and looking after health and wellbeing.
- Virtual appointments had worked well for many people, but there were some circumstances and individuals where these were difficult or not possible.
- Access to dental services and information about reopening and what was available was a concern to people.
- There was understanding of the pressures on services. Appreciation was given of the commitment, dedication and kindness of health and care workers.
- The pandemic has affected many people’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Community groups, voluntary organisations and volunteers have been a valuable source of support to local people.
- Although there were many similarities in people’s experiences across BSW, there were also some variations. These are detailed in this report.