In 2015, Healthwatch England found that across the country there are five core reasons people feel their discharge did not work well for them:
- People are experiencing delays and a lack of co-ordination between different services;
- People are feeling left without the services and support they need after discharge;
- People feel stigmatised and discriminated against and that they are not treated with appropriate respect because of their conditions and circumstances;
- People feel they are not involved in decisions about their care or given the information they need;
- People feel that their full range of needs is not considered.
For our 2016 report, we spoke to local people to discover more about their experiences of discharge processes for themselves or the person that they care for.