Why volunteer with us?
- Make a difference to your community by giving people the chance to speak up about health and social care.
- Make new friends and get out and about across Wiltshire as part of the Healthwatch team.
- Develop new skills and confidence.
- Do as much or as little as you like, choosing from a range of roles to fit around you.
Healthwatch Wiltshire ambassador
Our ambassadors visit groups and attend meetings events to talk about us and collect feedback. This role could include:
- Promoting us and our role within your local community.
- Encouraging people to share their views and experiences of local health and social care services.
- Joining us on our stand as part of our Listening Tours visiting local hospitals/GPs and community based services.
- Attending meetings on our behalf to present our views or findings.
- Carrying out ‘Mystery Shopper’ surveys by telephone, or face to face.
- Supporting us with admin and data entry.
- Helping us to review documents.
- Responding to online surveys, consultations and feedback requests.
- Carrying out research tasks on specific projects.
Enter and View
Our Enter and View Authorised Representatives visit services to see and hear first hand how they are run. Their role is to:
- Collect the views of service users (eg patients and residents), their carers and families, and staff.
- Observe the nature and quality of services.
- Contribute towards a written report about what they've found.
All our Authorised Representatives receive training and DBS checks before taking part in Enter and View visits.