Why volunteer with us?
- Make a difference to your community by giving people the chance to speak up about health and social care.
- Make new friends and get out and about across Wiltshire as part of the Healthwatch team.
- Develop new skills and confidence.
- Do as much or as little as you like, choosing from a range of roles to fit around you.
Healthwatch Wiltshire ambassador
Our ambassadors visit groups and attend events to talk about us and collect feedback. Help us spread the word in your community by:
- Encouraging people to share their views and experiences of local health and social care services.
- Helping people to understand what Healthwatch Wiltshire is and how it might be able to help them.
- Being a good listener and being non-judgemental and respectful of others.
- Highlighting to us which services could be improved.
- Attending volunteer training and support sessions if they're appropriate.
Enter and View
Our Enter and View Authorised Representatives visit services to see and hear first hand how they are run. Their role is to:
- Collect the views of service users (eg patients and residents), their carers and families, and staff.
- Observe the nature and quality of services.
- Contribute towards a written report about what they've found.
All our Authorised Representatives receive training and DBS checks before taking part in Enter and View visits.
Our Liaison volunteers represent Healthwatch Wiltshire at meetings and forums. The role includes:
- Gathering news and information from the groups you meet and feeding this back to the Healthwatch Wiltshire team.
- Sharing our news and highlighting any issues.
- Ensuring the patient voice is heard.
Other ways you can get involved
Help us prepare for surveys, consultations and visits, input data from the feedback we've collected, gather facts and figures, and support us with general office admin.
Check the reports we produce and review plans and documents produced by local health commissioners.
And everyone can take part in our surveys and consultations.