The launch of Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care System on 1 July 2022 gives us a unique opportunity to feed people’s views into the planning and running of services – especially the voices of those who are not being heard now.
Alongside our Healthwatch BaNES and Healthwatch Swindon colleagues, Healthwatch Wiltshire will work hard to make sure the views of local people are represented in the new NHS structure. We are also committed to playing our part by championing equality and inclusion, and helping services reach every bit of the community.
When services listen and act on the experiences of patients and service users, it results in better care. We have a real chance if we can get the new system right by creating a true partnership between services and the public here in Wiltshire.
The move to integrated care systems generally should herald a culture shift in the engagement of people and communities, so we can move beyond fragmented consultation when health and care services are legally required to, towards meaningful and proactive listening at all levels of decision-making.
Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care System will also be known as BSW Together.
This network of local health and care organisations will, along with councils, community providers and voluntary sector groups, plan and organise how health and care services can be delivered across the region, while also committing to give local people and communities a louder voice in how services are provided locally.
Members of the BSW Partnership Integrated Care System are as follows:
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Healthwatch Bath and North East Somerset
- Healthwatch Swindon
- Healthwatch Wiltshire
- Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Swindon Borough Council
- Wessex Local Medical Committees
- West of England Academic Health Science Network
- Wiltshire Council
- Wiltshire Health and Care
- Virgin Care